Core Deposits at GM Parts Now
What is a "Core" charge?
A core charge is a deposit that is usually added to a rebuilt or re-manufactured product. This deposit is generally added to alternators, starters, power steering pumps, driveshafts, etc. The respective rebuilders add this charge to insure that they receive a rebuildable part back to continue the process. Core charges are added to the total sale amount. It works like this... We send you the part and add the core deposit to your bill. You install the part remembering to keep the original box it came in... (VERY IMPORTANT) Then you return the core. We ask that you include a copy of the original invoice and state CORE on the invoice with the returned core. Always have your purchase date and original invoice number ready when calling. Core return shipments are at the buyer?s expense. When we receive the core, and after it is found acceptable by our inspectors, we will issue a refund using the same method of payment for the initial sale. There is a 90 day time limit on core returns. No refunds after 90 days.
If you would like to return an item associated with a core return value, please submit your request through our Returns form. Please note:
- All fluids must be drained from the core
- The core must be securely wrapped in plastic and sealed
- Cores must be returned in the packaging used in the shipment of the order sent to you
- Your core will be inspected to determine if the core is rebuild-able
- Core return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. These are not refundable.